Online courses are available 24/7. Students are required to meet specific deadlines to be successful in courses.
How it all works
All Boulder Universal classes are delivered online...
They are fun, interactive and involve many of the same technologies students already use outside of school. BU stays connected with its students by utilizing Google products and Schoology’s learning management system (LMS) providing asynchronous, online academic content. This technology allows us to offer another route to academic success for students whose individual needs make attendance at a traditional school challenging.
Although the coursework is delivered via the Internet, students engage and interact with an actual teacher and other students in a virtual setting. Our online teachers, mentors, and counselors provide unparalleled guidance and assistance to students throughout their coursework. Please note that although BU offers flexibility, we have similar expectations as other BVSD schools around attendance, academic progress, behavior, and activities.
All students will be provided with a counselor, teachers for each course and a mentor to guide them through their school year.
Some courses require students to take their tests in the Student Lab under supervision of a teacher or mentor.
- What is Boulder Universal?
- How much does it cost to attend Boulder Universal?
- Who can enroll at Boulder Universal?
- How many classes can I take?
- What computer equipment is needed?
- Is there a physical space to work in?
- Are students required to attend or be available for courses at a specific time?
- Are textbooks required for online courses?
- What type of support is available for students with an IEP or 504?
- What type of support is available for English Language Learners?
- How do Science labs work online?
- When can students take Advanced Placement® tests?